7 Tips for Nailing Your Fall Mini Session Outfits
Once you've picked a date and secured your family photo session, the most common question I get is "What should we wear?"
Outfits Should Complement One Another, Not "Match"
That look of everyone wearing the same thing tends to look dated, distracting, and without any personality.
Instead, pictures look beautiful and natural when your family is coordinated, but not matching. I recommend starting with mom and/or daughter's outfit and build from there.
- Earthy, jewel, neutral, woodsy, and blush tones photograph work well for fall photos.
- Pick two or three key colors and add in a couple neutral colors -- gray, beige, denim -- for layering.
- Burgundies, maroons, olives, and mustard tones look amazing in fall photos. These tones look stunning for SUNFLOWER SESSIONS.
- Repeat your key colors several times throughout the outfits.
- Another way to coordinate is to choose different shades of a color family. This works well with blues and grays.
- ACCESSORIZE! Jewelry, scarves, hats, belts, boots, layers.
- Be mindful of the details: Iron if needed. Wear shoes that coordinate. Wear clean clothes.
These are some of my favorite outfit choices from clients in past years (with the help of icolorpalette.com). Hoping they provide you with some inspiration for your fall family photos!
Still need to book your session?